Key Facts and FAQ
Good for the Earth:
- Anji Mountain Bamboo Rug Co. rugs are ecologically friendly. Bamboo has a robust root system that generates multiple new shoots for every culm (mature stalk) that is harvested.
- Unlike hardwood that can take decades to grow to a mature height ready for harvest, bamboo grows 8-12 feet a year! Therefore, closely regulated harvesting of sustainable bamboo forests is much more ecologically responsible than reckless clear-cutting of old-growth hardwood forests.
What’s so special about the Anji Mountains ?
- Unlike most tropical climates where bamboo grows, the Anji Mountains experience a freeze of approximately two months each year. The cold temperatures stop the sap flow which promotes slow growth that, consequently, produces a much denser, harder and more durable bamboo better suited for flooring use.
What’s so special about your bamboo rugs?
- Anji Mountain Bamboo Rug Co. rugs are manufactured with a non-slip, synthetic padding that is mold, mildew and water-resistant! No need to buy an expensive rug pad!
Are your rugs durable?
- Yes! Anji Mountain Bamboo Rug Co. patiently waits to harvest our bamboo until it’s at least 5 years old. Why you ask? Because older bamboo is harder and more stable than younger bamboo. China permits bamboo to be harvested at 4 years and, although other companies will do so, we believe an extra year or two of maturation makes for a better quality rug. You should too!
- Anji Mountain Bamboo Rug Co. bamboo is harvested, processed, manufactured and assembled exclusively in the Anji Mountains of China .
- Our bamboo has been expertly carbonized (naturally removing moisture and oils) and kiln dried (further removing moisture) to help prevent cracking and warping. These crucial steps are taken to assure our rugs are ready to withstand the dry heat of your home in the wintertime or the arid climate of those living in the desert and mountains.
- Our bamboo is machine planed and sanded—then hand-sanded in an extra step to assure the smoothest and finest quality finish possible.
- Our rugs are manufactured with color-coordinated poly borders that last longer and are more stain-resistant than cotton borders. Our borders are micro-stitched and bound with mitered corners for better wear and a more attractive finish.
- Each rug is packaged with an 8 ½” x 11” color photo label complete with individual UPC number.
- Individually packaged in a reusable, zippered bag complete with a carry handle for easy transport and storage! Neat!
- Anji Mountain Bamboo Rug Co. rugs clean easily with a damp cloth or mop.
- Our bamboo rugs are treated with a layer of UV protection to minimize fading. However, like all natural wood our rugs will fade in time when exposed to direct sunlight.
- If our rugs are used outdoors it is recommended that they be stored inside when not in use to maximize the life of the rug.
- If the rug(s) is used outdoors and gets moisture on it:
The bamboo surface should be wiped dry as soon as possible
The rug should be hung over a fence or chair so the backing will air dry properly
Most importantly …the surface the rug lies on should be completely air dried before the rug is laid back down.
- All rugs come with a 30 day warranty.